What we’re looking for:
- Are you experienced in delivering floating/outreach/supported housing for a vulnerable client group and understand how their vulnerability can impact on tenancy sustainment?
- Do you have an understanding and knowledge of managing a large team?
- Do you work within a diverse customer group, including customers with substance misuse problems?
If so, this role is perfect for you!
Here at Peabody, we have an opportunity for a Team Manager on a Permanent fixed-term basis for 12 months at our Basildon office.
A bit about the role:
As a Team Manager, you will provide leadership and direction for your team of Outreach Support Workers to deliver high quality and effective support services, which promote the independence, wellbeing, and inclusion of customers, in accordance with Peabody policies and procedures and the principles of best practice. You will identify and deliver service improvement projects and initiatives that improve the effectiveness of the team and the outcomes of the service.
Some of the key results for the role include:
- Lead, supervise and manage a team of Support Workers, providing supervision every four to six weeks, and being responsible for ensuring they meet or exceed the requirements of their role.
- Provide a positive role model for Support Workers, by modelling good practice, advising on, and intervening in, complex and/or high-risk cases and assisting with the in-service induction of new staff.
- Ensure that Support Workers carry out needs and risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support in accordance with the support and risk assessment plans and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders.
- Accurately input all client data onto an electronic monitoring system and ensure records are maintained to evidence key performance targets and comply with commissioner and other reporting requirements.
- Ensure Support Workers deliver services to customers which are flexible and personalised.
- Attend meetings as required, and work closely with various agencies to prioritise referrals, and complete a full assessment of support needs of potential service users.
- Clearly explain the remit of services to a range of clients and other professionals.
This role will require an Enhanced DBS check, a UK driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
A minimum of 2 days working in the Basildon office is required
A bit about us:
160 years after it was established, Peabody is one of the oldest not-for-profit housing associations in the UK.
The Peabody Group is responsible for more than 107,000 homes, with around 220,000 residents across London and the Home Counties. We also have around 20,000 care and support customers.
Our purpose is to help people flourish, and we are getting closer to residents by taking a local approach.
We are committed to delivering a responsive and easily accessible repairs service and investing in our existing homes so they are safe and well maintained. Our retrofit projects will make thousands of our homes more energy efficient.
We work with councils and communities to promote economic inclusion, tackle inequality and poverty, and prioritise wellbeing.
Here just a few of the benefits for working at Peabody:
Up to 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
Flexible benefits scheme, including options for Healthcare, Dental care, Critical illness cover, vouchers, technology scheme and access to a discount portal.
4 x Life Assurance
Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
Professional development by access to "paid for" apprenticeship programs and qualifications
Two additional paid volunteering days each year
Family friendly policies
Up to 10% pension contribution matched 1:1
Are you ready to apply?
PLEASE NOTE: As an employer, Peabody does not provide sponsorship as a licenced UK employer.
To be considered for the position of Team Manager, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit both your CV and a bit about why we should consider you for the role.
If you need to ask us anything else at all, feel free to drop an email to email@example.com - Talent Specialist and one of our team will be in touch.
Peabody reserves the right to close this advert before the advertised closing date, depending on the number of applications received.Apply now
Customer Service, Charity & Voluntary, Social Housing
Monday - Friday 9am-5pm