What we’re looking for:
- Do you have previous experience of working in a similar role or the passion and desire to work with vulnerable and complex young people?
- Do you have good IT skills and the ability to manage a complex caseload?
- Are you a strong communicator with excellent people skills?
If you do, this role is perfect for you!
Here at Peabody, we have an opportunities for Bank Support Workers to join us on a casual bank basis in Hertfordshire.
A bit about the role:
As a Bank Support Worker, you will assist in the day to day running of a supported housing project for young people aged 16 to 25.
Some of the key results for the role include:
- Manage the missing procedure for all residents as required.
- Respond appropriately in an emergency situation and contact the on-call manager if required.
- Adhere to the projects safeguarding and protection from abuse procedure.
- Help to keep the project clean and tidy at all times as well as clean empty rooms when necessary.
- Bring a discreet and sensitive approach with strong professional boundaries and be able to confidently deal with tense and difficult situations.
- Commit to working overnight and unsociable hours.
- Have an understanding of safeguarding and knowledge of the benefit system (not essential)
- This is a Relief position, which means you will not have fixed hours or shifts; you will be required to support during busy periods, holidays and to cover absence therefore you must have the ability to be flexible and be willing to work unsocial hours.
This role will require an Enhanced DBS check, a UK driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
A bit about us:
160 years after it was established, Peabody is one of the oldest not-for-profit housing associations in the UK.
The Peabody Group is responsible for more than 107,000 homes, with around 220,000 residents across London and the Home Counties. We also have around 20,000 care and support customers.
Our purpose is to help people flourish, and we are getting closer to residents by taking a local approach.
We are committed to delivering a responsive and easily accessible repairs service and investing in our existing homes so they are safe and well maintained. Our retrofit projects will make thousands of our homes more energy efficient.
We work with councils and communities to promote economic inclusion, tackle inequality and poverty, and prioritise wellbeing.
Here just a few of the benefits for working at Peabody:
- Up to 20 days annual leave (dependant on hours worked)
- Access to a discount portal
- Sleep in allowance (if applicable to role)
- Family friendly policies
Are you ready to apply?
PLEASE NOTE: As an employer, Peabody does not provide sponsorship as a licenced UK employer.
To be considered for the role of Bank Support Worker, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit both your CV and a bit about why we should consider you for the role.
If you need to ask us anything else at all, feel free to drop an email to email@example.com, Talent Specialist, and we will be in touch.