What we’re looking for:
- Do you have an understanding and experience of working on infrastructure including utilities and public realm?
- Do you have experience of managing high value construction contracts including proactively reviewing scope and giving instructions to designers, consultants, and contractors?
- Can you engage with local authorities and statutory authorities on planning considerations?
- Do you have extensive experience of managing budgets/cashflows, programme, risk/opportunity and design scope including effectively reporting on these to senior stakeholders?
- Do you have experience negotiating and managing contracts including identifying key risks and considerations?
If so, this role is perfect for you!
Here at Peabody, we have an opportunity for a Senior Development Manager (Construction Infrastructure) on a Permanent at our Westminster Bridge Road Office.
A bit about the role:
As a Senior Development Manager, you will lead the infrastructure and public realm elements of the masterplan – driving forward the core infrastructure and connections and placemaking elements that will unlock the overall scheme.
This role will play a vital role in leading the existing works, including reviewing the scope, programme and budget – with a focus on managing technical and commercial drivers to identify a best value scope that adds value and de-risks our first delivery phase and future phases.
Dagenham Green is a transformative mixed-use masterplan expected to deliver over 3,500 homes, with high quality sustainable placemaking, public realm and an exciting variety of non-residential uses (including land for a school and employment uses).
As part of the role, you’ll be managing a newly started infrastructure build contract as well as related energy services and utilities contracts and linked legal agreements. You will have significant infrastructure expertise, ideally in similar master planning schemes, and become a key leader in the team.
You will report directly to the Dagenham Green Project Director and will be a key leader in the project team. The role will require engagement with internal and external stakeholders including contractors, neighbouring developers, and the Local Planning authority.
Some of the key results for the role include:
- Lead and manage pre-construction activities on complex mixed use masterplan schemes from post-acquisition with the aim of securing a viable, deliverable, and implementable planning approval.
- Provide strong leadership of both internal and external multi-disciplinary project teams either directly or through contractors. Effectively lead and manage multi-disciplinary teams with confidence to deliver planning and pre-tender phase design.
- Establish and baseline the development brief and assemble project teams, ensuring business wide engagement in each scheme.
A minimum of 1 to 2 days working in the Westminster Bridge Road office is required.
A bit about us:
160 years after it was established, Peabody is one of the oldest not-for-profit housing associations in the UK.
The Peabody Group is responsible for more than 107,000 homes, with around 220,000 residents across London and the Home Counties. We also have around 20,000 care and support customers.
Our purpose is to help people flourish, and we are getting closer to residents by taking a local approach.
We are committed to delivering a responsive and easily accessible repairs service and investing in our existing homes so they are safe and well maintained. Our retrofit projects will make thousands of our homes more energy efficient.
We work with councils and communities to promote economic inclusion, tackle inequality and poverty, and prioritise wellbeing.
Here just a few of the benefits for working at Peabody:
Flexible and hybrid working (depending on the role)
Up to 30 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
Two additional paid volunteering days each year
Flexible benefits scheme, including family friendly benefits and access to a discount portal
Are you ready to apply?
PLEASE NOTE: As an employer, Peabody does not provide sponsorship as a licenced UK employer.
To be considered for the position of Senior Development Manager (Construction Infrastructure), please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit both your CV and a bit about why we should consider you for the role.
If you need to ask us anything else at all, feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be in touch.
Peabody reserves the right to close this advert before the advertised closing date, depending on the number of applications received.Apply now
Construction & Property, Social Housing, Project Management
Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:00