Fulham estate in Lillie Road was opened in 1912. Previously the land was occupied by Hermitage Lodge, a large house with extensive gardens once owned by Sir John Lillie.
The estate provided 239 flats, with a separate bathhouse and a laundry building. The highest rent payable was seven shillings (35p) per week for a four-room flat. Two rooms in the basement of one block were occupied by a social club, where residents could play billiards, darts, draughts and cards.